FR | EN | NL

Memorial 1815

 

 

The last Headquarters of napoleon

Napoleon’s Last Headquarters or the Ferme du Caillou is located 5 km to the south of the Lion's Mound at Vieux-Genappe. Napoleon spent the night of 17 to 18 June 1815 there under the protection of the famous Imperial Guard battalion in the neighbouring orchard and made his battle plans.
The farm was partially burned by the Prussian army on the morning of 19 June. In 1818, the new owner rebuilt the main building. The small ossuary that was built in 1912 to hold bones found on the battlefield can still be seen in the garden. In 1951, the farm was converted into a Napoleon Museum.

The museum includes four rooms with weapons, paintings and engravings, as well as the Emperor's camp bed, his funeral mask, the table on which he spread out his maps and the skeleton of a French Hussar. 


The Last HQ of Napoleon
Chaussée de Bruxelles, 66
1472 Vieux-Genappe
Tél. : +32 2 384 24 24

Practical information

The MEMORIAL 1815
Virtual visit